Members
25 AGE
31POSTS

Author: Paula Hawkins
Title: The Girl on the Train
Rating: 4/5
Genre/Tags: mystery/crime
Review:

The Girl on the Train starts slow. You are introduced to a couple of characters that tell the story. Through each chapter, you are debating what to believe and what happened to this girl who was gone missing.

Many times I thought about giving up on this book. It was a little slow for my liking (a lot of it was that I didn't like the main character). The mystery was hard to really pin down. Through each chapter I was left wondering what had happened which I thought a lot of the reason was because none of the POVs (the book shifts through 3 POVs) were trustworthy. As the book goes on, each POV gives you a reason not to trust that character. It makes you wonder if you how much they are telling the truth, how much they might be making up. The characters in themself are a mystery.

At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about this book. I walked away a little baffled over it, the ending esclated to where I couldn't put it down at all. Overtime, it grew on me as I got to think about it. No, the characters weren't trustworthy and not entirely likeable, but that was part of the charm. It was different not rooting for a character to do this or that, but I almost thought it was nice. It was nice to focus on the mystery instead of hoping the main character would do this or that.

I have actually recommened this book. I haven't read a lot of mysteries, but out of the ones I have, this one was very different and I highly enjoyed that.
 PM 
^
Amanda
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 09:14 AM
Admin
29 AGE
482POSTS

Interesting! I have had this book on my list for a while but I haven't had time to pick it up yet. Great review!
 PM  Email 
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Add Reply  New Topic 

LISTINGS

Candyland Couture
AFFILIATES

a resource community Revaliir

SKINNED BY MERC of ATF

cfs script by black from code

poplight script by starious