Posted: Jul 19 2016, 02:03 PM
Members
N/A AGE
96POSTS

Author: Stephanie Fast
Title: She Is Mine: A War Orphan's Incredible Journey of Survival
Rating: 5/5
Genre/Tags: Autobiography, Inspirational, History

Review: I heard the author speak at a Christian rock concert I attended. She told us about her life as a young orphan in post-war Korea. With an interest in that area of the world and in adoption, I knew it was a book I had to read (and get signed while she was there!)

She Is Mine is wonderfully written! Her choice of the third person instead of the first was perfect for this book. She states at the beginning that the decision to write from that perspective was because her story was simply one of thousands, and she wanted to tell the stories of others who, though specifics differed, experienced the same struggles and joys growing up. She wanted to give a voice to those who had no platform on which to do so themselves, and she did an excellent job. I really felt like I was hearing the story directly from a child, from an orphan, from an outcast. I went through her journey (and their journeys) with her and as her--with the children who experienced the same thing and as a child who experienced the same thing. She Is Mine is an uplifting and inspiring tale of courage, perseverance, love, and divine intervention.
 PM 
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Add Reply  New Topic 

LISTINGS

Candyland Couture
AFFILIATES

a resource community Revaliir

SKINNED BY MERC of ATF

cfs script by black from code

poplight script by starious