merc

Add Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

One Line Reviews
Celine
 Posted: Jan 20 2016, 07:23 PM
Members
21 AGE
172POSTS

You know those one line reviews from publishers or other authors on the cover or the back of some books? Maybe we can have a post with a list of books with short reviews from one or more of our members?

'Cause some people may not want to read a full review or maybe it' doesn't address what they want to know. Also, this means it's easier to do so more books will have at least some kind of opinion from at least one of us.

Just a thought.
 PM 
^
papergoose
 Posted: Jan 21 2016, 03:18 PM
Advertising Moderators
22 AGE
159POSTS

What a great idea! We could have a thread for it or something? Or one-liners could be posted in your bookshelf?
 PM 
^
Amanda
 Posted: Jan 24 2016, 01:04 PM
Admin
29 AGE
482POSTS

This is definitely an interesting idea, I've been pondering it for the last couple of days since you posted the topic. A thread might work, but it might work better in your bookshelf? Though a pinned thread in the Reviews forum might also work.

I'm definitely considering this, I'll get back to you!

If anyone else has ideas on this, please feel free to jump in.
 PM  Email 
^
Brock
 Posted: Jan 24 2016, 02:50 PM
Members
N/A AGE
96POSTS

Or perhaps a sub-forum in Reviews? Each book could have a thread, and anyone who wanted to add their own one-line review could add a reply in that books' thread? Just a thought.

(Also, I keep reading this title as "online reviews".)
 PM 
^
Celine
 Posted: Jan 25 2016, 06:30 AM
Members
21 AGE
172POSTS

Brock, lol.

Tbh. I think a single thread may become too cramped, one's own bookshelf may be hard for navigation and searching, and individual threads may take up too much space considering it may not have too much content.

Yes, I have absolutely zero ideas and lots of issues to present.. I'm sorry. T.T
 PM 
^
papergoose
 Posted: Jan 25 2016, 10:28 AM
Advertising Moderators
22 AGE
159POSTS

What about a sort of widget, like the bookshelves? But then one thread, first post is the widget, and one line reviews can be posted in the thread and then edited into the widget. In my head I imagine it sort of like the banner of covers up top but sorted alphabetically and then you just see one or multiple one-line reviews if you click on it. It'd be a lot more work to get it done than just a thread but may solve the issue's celine pointed out...? May be an idea, I don't know.
 PM 
^
Celine
 Posted: Jan 26 2016, 04:15 AM
Members
21 AGE
172POSTS

Following on what papergoose said. Maybe something like how Face Claims work on RP sites?
 PM 
^
Amanda
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 12:14 PM
Admin
29 AGE
482POSTS

QUOTE (papergoose @ Jan 25 2016, 09:28 AM)
What about a sort of widget, like the bookshelves? But then one thread, first post is the widget, and one line reviews can be posted in the thread and then edited into the widget. In my head I imagine it sort of like the banner of covers up top but sorted alphabetically and then you just see one or multiple one-line reviews if you click on it. It'd be a lot more work to get it done than just a thread but may solve the issue's celine pointed out...? May be an idea, I don't know.

That could be interesting! I'll see if I can find a template we can use for this idea.

Edit: I posted a topic for this in the Reviews forum here! Check it out. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif I think this will work for now, until we run out of space or it becomes too cluttered. Then we'll find another solution. ^__^
 PM  Email 
^
papergoose
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 04:04 PM
Advertising Moderators
22 AGE
159POSTS

I love it! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
 PM 
^
Celine
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 08:06 PM
Members
21 AGE
172POSTS

I love it too!
 PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Add Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

LISTINGS

Candyland Couture
AFFILIATES

a resource community Revaliir

SKINNED BY MERC of ATF

cfs script by black from code

poplight script by starious