merc

Add Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Brock
 Posted: Sep 6 2016, 03:25 PM
Members
N/A AGE
96POSTS

Alright, so who has read or is currently reading it? I finished it last night (read 4/5 of the book yesterday, in fact, after a long hosting/vacation hiatus), and I have thoughts to share! Who wants to geek out with me? (And I'm not even that big of a Harry Potter geek, either. Haha!)
 PM 
^
papergoose
 Posted: Sep 18 2016, 06:39 PM
Advertising Moderators
23 AGE
159POSTS

I have thoughts to share! I was so damn excited for this book and it GREATLY DISAPPOINTED ME. I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything for anybody who's still reading it, but basically, it felt very obvious to me that Rowling was NOT the one who actually wrote the book. It felt out of character so often. Maybe it translates better on stage though.
 PM 
^
Brock
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 08:29 PM
Members
N/A AGE
96POSTS

I read your review of it, and you made some great points. I wasn't disappointed with it, but perhaps part of that is because I haven't read the books--or even seen the movies--in years, so my memory of character specifics or plot details is foggy at best.

With that disclaimer out there, here's my two cents.

Characters

Spoiler Alert
Scorpius was my favorite, and I enjoyed how the author wrote Draco. I didn't have as many problems with the others as you seemed to have noticed when you read it. I did feel a bit weird about Voldemort having a kid, but I'm able to roll with a lot of things, so it wasn't a huge issue for me.

Plot

Spoiler Alert
I enjoyed the Time Turner plot quite a bit, actually. I liked how each time they went back and tried to "fix" things, it showed another reason why the actual way things turned out was the best way. And since I haven't read the books in a long time, it refreshed my memory on lots of little aspects of the series.

I was confused about why Albus ended up in Slytherin. (It seems that, if any of the kids should have been in Slytherin, it should have been James. What a little bully.) Maybe I missed something? I did like seeing how Albus and his family worked through that, though, and I'm glad he met Scorpius.

I loved the scene where Harry had to watch the night his parents died. I can't imagine how difficult that was for him, but at the same time, he probably had questions about that night that were finally answered.

PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Add Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

LISTINGS

Candyland Couture
AFFILIATES

a resource community Revaliir

SKINNED BY MERC of ATF

cfs script by black from code

poplight script by starious